Who We Are
A Little Bit of History
CHOICES has been operating in Teller County, CO for over 35 years. We began as a satellite office of Colorado Springs Pregnancy Center in 1986. In 1994, we formed our own 501c 3 organization. We originated as a source of support to those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy. We have since grown to offer more free services and programs.
In 2002 we opened a satellite office in Cripple Creek, CO, where we provide free pregnancy testing and parenting education classes along with a baby boutique for shopping for much-needed baby supplies.
In 2005 we were gifted an ultrasound machine and became a medical clinic. We have a registered RN on-site in our Woodland Park office two days a week. We offer free early OB ultrasound to clients who meet the criteria of our medical staff.
We also offer Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing and treatment for two of the most sexually transmitted infections, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.
To date, we have 8 staff members between two locations, with the executive director being the only full-time staff person. We are governed by a board of nine directors who are dedicated, committed, and faithful volunteers. Our medical director is Dr. Scott Russell, an OB/Gyn doctor.
And lastly, we are joined weekly by many faithful volunteers from this community.
What We Do
We offer support to women who are facing an unplanned, or unexpected pregnancy. We believe that it is important for everyone to have full disclosure about the truth about abortion and all the options for an unplanned pregnancy. We want to educate people to help them make the best choices they can.
We never refer for abortion.
We are here to offer love, support, and acceptance no matter the choice they make or choices they’ve made in the past.
We have two locations to serve Teller County, one in Woodland Park and one in Cripple Creek. All services at CHOICES are free and confidential.
Our FREE Services
- Pregnancy Testing
- Pregnancy Options – information, education, and support
- Limited OB Ultrasound – *Must meet certain criteria set by medical staff
- STI Testing & Treatment – for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
- Adoption – information, education, and support
- Abortion – information and education. We never refer for abortion.
- After Abortion support – education and healing classes.
- We offer an Earn While You Learn Parenting Education Program where new parents are paired with a mentor to ‘earn while they learn’. They meet weekly to learn parenting skills. The bucks they earn through the parenting classes can be spent in either of our baby boutiques located inside our centers in WP and CC.
- Education for a Lifetime – Pursue curriculum is a whole person health education model that is paired with anatomy, sexual reproduction and sexually transmitted infection (STI) education and presented in health classes at Teller County high schools.
- Lastly, we offer healing classes for those who have chosen abortion and are suffering from the effects of their abortion decision. These are confidential classes and are offered throughout the year both online and in person. You can text us at 719-694-3201 or call CHOICES at 719-284-2300 and ask for Teresa or Jeni.